Wenonah High School Family,
The Wenonah Counseling team welcomes you to a fantastic school year full of Dragon Pride! Throughout your high school experience, you will find our services to be an integral part of your education. We are comprised of two school counselors assigned to students by grade level. Collectively, our professional staff will work diligently alongside students and parents to engage students, foster achievement and inspire excellence throughout their high school years. Please know you are an extension of our team and we look forward to assisting with your academic, personal/social and college/career needs.
Your Wenonah School Counselors Are:
- Child advocates who work collaboratively with parents, students, teachers, administrators and communities.
- Educational specialists who assist students with their academic, career development and personal/social areas.
The Goals of the Wenonah School Counseling Department Are:
- To assist students with educational, personal, career and goal planning.
- To develop personalized programs based on each student’s strengths and needs.
- To help students understand themselves and others.
- To assist students in identifying and dealing with problems.
- To facilitate the identification of students with special needs.
- To provide crisis intervention when necessary.
- To coordinate referrals to school and community support services.
- To serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
Some Reasons to Contact Your Child’s School Counselor Are:
- Academic skills support
- Career preparation
- Postsecondary planning and application process
- School adjustment issues
- Coping, problem-solving, decision-making concerns
- Organizational, study and test-taking skills
- Peer relationships and conflict resolution problems
• Divorce, separation and family changes
- Experiencing loss, death and grief
- Substance abuse awareness
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- School-based and community resources information or referrals
We look forward to working with you & your child.